- Title: Distinguished Professor, Board of Governors Professor, Co-Director RUCOOL
- Department / Research Program: Department of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Center for Ocean Observing Leadership
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 848-932-3380
- Detailed Profile: https://rucool.marine.rutgers.edu/people/scott-glenn/
- Research Areas: Coastal Ocean Processes, Storms Hurricanes & Typhoons, Air-Sea Interactions, Ocean-Sediment Interactions, Ocean Modeling and Forecasting, Turbulent Closure, Ocean Observing Technology Development, Marine Education
- Energy Research Focus: Interests include the development of new autonomous ocean observing technologies, their application to scientific research in remote and extreme environments, and the demonstration of new educational paradigms. My technology development work focuses on autonomous systems that can be operated remotely as distributed networks to improve the spatial sampling of complex environments. A major scientific focus is extreme events, including storms, hurricanes and typhoons, investigating with observations and numerical models the linkages between the ocean, the atmosphere above, and the seabed below. My educational activities are designed to better prepare students to meet the challenges of a changing environment using modern observatories to explore the global ocean.