- Title: Associate Professor
- Department / Research Program: Department of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Center for Ocean Observing Leadership, New Jersey Agriculture Experiment Station
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 848-932-3496
- Detailed Profile: https://marine.rutgers.edu/main/josh-kohut
- Research Areas: Marine Ecological Systems, Coastal Ocean Physical Processes
- Energy Research Focus: Physical processes in the coastal ocean are highly variable in space and time and play a critical role in coupled biological and chemical processes. From events lasting several hours to days on through inter-annual and decadal scales, the variability in the fluid itself structures marine ecological systems. My approach is to apply ocean observing technologies that now sample across these important time and space scales to better understand the dynamics of the physical ocean. Consequently, this new knowledge has relevancy to broader stakeholder communities with interests in the coastal ocean. Working through partnerships across these stakeholder groups, my research is collaborative and supports both science and application. Within the energy sector, my research considers the unique and dynamic offshore environment to best inform planning and the assessment of ecological and economic impacts of the developing offshore wind industry. Through these partnerships, we are able to frame relevant scientific hypotheses and efficiently translate the output to better management and monitoring.