Expertise: Climate change, Ecosystem functions and services, Ecosystem modeling, Biological carbon sequestration, Renewable energy
- Title: Associate Professor
- Department / Research Program: Ecology, Evolution, and Natural Resources
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 848-932-9211
- Research Areas: Global Change Ecology, Big Data and Ecosystem Modeling, Ecosystem Services, Renewable Energy, Biological Carbon Sequestration and Utilization, Bioenergy, Policy, China
- Energy Research Focus: Climate change, Ecosystem functions and services, Ecosystem modeling, Biological carbon sequestration, Renewable energy. Specifically, renewable energy policy and its ecological and environmental impacts in China. Global Change Ecology: Investigating the impacts of climate change on ecosystem processes and functions and understanding the physiological/ecological mechanisms for plants and animals to acclimate/adapt to future climate change. Big Data and Ecosystem Modeling: Using big-data and data-model fusion techniques to predict the impacts of climate change and human activities on ecosystem functions and dynamics, including biodiversity. Ecosystem Services: Using ecosystem models to quantify and predict ecosystem services for sustainable ecosystem management under changing climate and human practices. Renewable Energy: Renewable energy policy and its ecological and environmental impacts in China. Biological Carbon Sequestration and Utilization: Biological carbon sequestration through reforestation/afforestation projects and carbon-oriented ecosystem management; Biological carbon utilization and storage through lithic and plastic mulching and CO2 fertilization in agriculture.